Terms and conditions
Please print out the PDF and bring the tickets (with barcodes) with you. We will scan those in when you arrive at the Palais des congrès.
Stamps/Wristbands/Badges: On entry, etickets will be replaced by an entry stamp, a wristband, and/or a badge.
- Entry stamps must be on a visible part of the body.
- Wristbands must not be tampered or removed and must be worn and visible for the duration of the convention.
- Badges can only be used by a single person. It cannot be transferred between multiple persons. The badge must be worn and visible for the duration of the convention.
- In some cases, a combination of wristbands and badge may be required.
All ticket prices for events that occur are stated in Canadian dollars.
Some guests may charge additional fees for autographs or photo ops.
Guests could cancel their appearance or change their appearance schedule because of other professional commitments or reasons out of the Montreal Comiccon control. In such circumstances, the Montreal Comiccon cannot be held responsible. All sales are final. No exchange or refund will be issued.
Although most guests are available for the duration of the event, due to limited availability some guests are only available for a portion of the event, e.g. a single day. Appearance day(s) will be posted on the website when we are advised by the guest. All events have limited seating capacities and are offered on a first come, first served basis.
For the safety of all convention attendees, all prop weapons or large props must be checked and authorized by the Weapons Master at the Weapons Registration table on arrival at the Palais des congrès. Costumers are expected to read and comply to the Weapons and Large Props Rules and Regulations entirely. Failure to do so will result in warnings and potentially loss of convention membership. For more details, please refer to the Weapons and Large Props Rules and Regulations.
All sales are final, no exchanges or refunds for any reason.
Cancelled and Rescheduled Event - If the event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will alert you ASAP.
Cancelled Event - You'll get an automatic refund for tickets bought online using your purchase payment method.
Rescheduled Event - We'll contact you with the new date and time. Can't make the new date? Get a refund upon request.
Service Surcharge - Each ticket contains a convenience charge by Ticketpro to provide consumers the ability to save time by not having to wait in line at the event to buy tickets. The Convenience Charge pays for the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software, telephone lines, labor and all other costs associated with the ticket transaction. Ticket buyers have two options with regard to convenience charges: they can buy their tickets at the event Box Office and typically pay no convenience charge or take advantage of the ultimate convenience and order over the Internet to avoid the line-ups normally associated with consumer show ticket selling booths. Once at the event, ticket holders can proceed directly to the eTicket entrance where their eTicket will be scanned for access to the event.
Code of conduct
If you aren't allowed to do it outside of the convention, it isn't allowed at the convention.
Montreal Comiccon strives to create an environment which caters to the fan community, but would like to remind attendees that they are still expected to be law abiding and responsible. Attendees who violate these rules may be subject to expulsion from the convention without refund, and may be banned from attending again in subsequent years.
All Montreal Comiccon attendees, guests, vendors, staff, and volunteers are expected to interact in a respectable and positive manner. We are all here to have a great time, so please use common sense and be courteous.
We are looking to provide a safe, secure, and pleasant family environment, these activities are not allowed at the Montreal Comiccon:
- Engaging in disruptive and unsafe behavior that disturbs or endangers the attendees, guests, vendors, staff, or volunteers.
- Physical or verbal harassment of the attendees, guests, vendors, staff, or volunteers.
- Any activities deemed to be nuisances to the convention or the convention premises, including excessive noise or behaviour considered generally disruptive.
- Any act which could result in substantial risk or harm to people or property.
- Sexual misconduct, such as indecent exposure, offensive touching, or sexual harassment.
- Laser pointers, laser-aiming devices, or similar devices, may not be used in public, unless you are officially sanctioned to lead or present a convention seminar, workshop, display, or other convention-sanctioned event in which a laser is needed.
- Any literature distribution without prior permission of the Montreal Comiccon.
- In the interest of respecting the rights of people who want to be left alone, the following behaviours are considered unacceptable without prior consent of the recipient: hugging, groping, back-slapping, kissing or other unwanted physical contact. This also includes unwanted advances or other similar forms of behaviour considered to be harassment.
- Engaging in any activity prohibited by law.
All individuals whose actions violate these rules will be asked to stop such actions. Montreal Comiccon reserves the right to require anyone violating these rules of conduct to leave the event. Montreal Comiccon may withdraw permission for a person or persons to re-enter the event if that person continues to violate these rules.
Any violation of the rules of conduct which involve activities prohibited by law will result in notification of the proper authorities.
Costuming, Props and Dress Code
Cosplay (Costume Play) is highly encouraged, but some restrictions apply:
- Footwear is required (do not come barefoot).
- Costumes that are deemed to be indecently revealing (the "no costume is not a costume" principle), as well as costumes or props that are deemed to be offensive or otherwise unacceptable by Montreal Comiccon standards are prohibited. An attendee who is wearing a costume or carrying a prop that does not meet these requirements may be asked to change into either street clothes or another costume.
- All large props or any props resembling weapons (including guns, swords, spears, whips, bows, etc.) must pass through weapons check and be verified and peacebonded by the Montreal Comiccon Weapons Master to ensure they are safe. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the convention without refund. Please refere to our Weapons Policy for more detail.
Photography and Video
- Please ask our convention attendees for their permission before taking their photograph. If they say no, please do not take a photo of them anyway.
- Please ask parent, guardian, or chaperone for permission to take a minor’s photo and let them know where the photo will be located. If they say no, please respect their wishes.
- Take special care not to obstruct the flow of traffic.
- Photography and recordings may be permitted during workshops, panels, and guest sessions and in the Artists' Area at the discretion of the host(s)/artists involved. If you are unsure whether photography or videography are allowed during a particular event or in a particular area, ask permission from Montreal Comiccon Staff first.
- Flash photography will not be allowed during Guest signings or Celebrity Q&A sessions.
- Photography of merchandise in the Dealers' Area is prohibited, unless you’ve obtained consent from the vendor.
- The convention reserves the right to prohibit photography and/or videotaping of any event or area.
- Convention staff may review and/or demand deletion of any unauthorized photographs or video recordings.
Food and Drinks
The consumption of food or beverages is forbidden in all panel rooms and the Main Events room. Only water bottles will be accepted in these rooms.
Attendees are also expected to take proper measures to maintain a clean environment and dispose of any food or drink (including packaging) related garbage properly when they are done. Attendees who cause damage or are otherwise abusive of their food and drink privileges may be expelled from the convention.